Website Redesign Strategy – #2 Plan of Attack
This is part two of our series on website redesign strategy. These videos are short, direct, and provide a high level view of the things you need to think about if you’re contemplating a redesign.
- June 3, 2017
Let’s talk about your general plan of attack for the redesign. The good news is that since it’s a redesign, you had a website for a period of time so you can learn a lot from your past experience.
Confucius said, “Study the Past if you would define the future”
Here are five key places you can learn from in order to plan a successful redesign.
- Learn from your website performance – how did it stack up to your business goals, where did it succeed, where did it fall flat.
- Learn from your analytics – a quick look at your analytics will tell you what people did on your website, what pages were the most popular, how long they spent and a ton of valuable information that will help you strategize the redesign.
- Learn from your competition – Check out your competition – your direct competition and the big players you want to aspire to. What are they doing that you can learn from?
- Learn from your customers – Talk to some customers – what are they looking for? How can you help them. If you have a sales team, get their input.
- Finally, if you have a web or marketing agency, learn from them what best practices do they use that can apply to your website.
Write down the results of this review in a bulletpoint list and use it to set your focus and guide you through the redesign process.