Website Redesign Strategy – #1 Why Redesign?
This is the first video in our new website redesign strategy series. Inside you'll find 6 compelling reasons to redesign your website. Including new branding, out of date design, usability issues, new products, new technology, and new target audiences.
So, why undertake a redesign. First and foremost your business environment is continually changing, so is technology. Your website is at the nexus of this intersection. So it needs to continually evolve to survive. Here are six common reasons for redesigns:
- You need to integrate new branding – this can be a new logo or a brand refresh that needs to be supported in the website design.
- Your website design is out of date – design trends change, this is an opportunity to catch up.
- Usability issues have surfaced – perhaps your website has become less user friendly over the years and you need to streamline your content and features.
- You have new products or services and because of this, your website organization may need to be modified.
- There may be new technology to integrate – a good example of this is making your website mobile responsive or adding social media content to your website.
- New target audiences to market to – if you’re trying to expand your market you’ll need to add content and features to address that market.
Any or all of these are good reasons for a redesign. And I think we can all agree that the intended outcome of any redesign should be: More clients, more sales, more visibility.
Watch the rest of the videos in this series as we walk you through the steps of website redesign strategy. Subscribe to be notified when the next video is released.