Your business has spent thousands of dollars on your website, and hundreds of hours on the branding and content.
It is one of your primary marketing channels. Your customers, partners, and even staff depend on it to be up and running.
If your website were to go down, or be impacted for any reason, the potential is your business will suffer.
We’ve developed our Secure Service Pack so you don’t have to worry about issues with your website and you can focus on growing your business.
What do we mean by website maintenance?
This can be a confusing term, there are generally two types of website maintenance.
“Website maintenance” can refer to managing the regular updates to your website’s software applications.
If you have a website it is probably built on a code framework – some of the popular frameworks are WordPress and Drupal but there are thousands of others.
Examples of website frameworks:
Like any software application, these frameworks are constantly being improved. The website framework organizations are continually releasing new updates to their website software. On top of that, modern websites also use a variety of plugins and extensions to add features. Each of these plugins and extensions are also mini-applications that require regular updates as well.
Finally your website exists within an ecosystem of hardware (servers, networks, etc.) that are also constantly changing. So in this case, “website maintenance” refers to managing all these elements to ensure that your business website is up-to-date and running smoothly.
As an example, our graphic below shows how many new versions WordPress has released in just a few months. All of these versions have new features and plug security holes that can cause website problems.
The second type of website maintenance is “content maintenance”.
Content is the text, images, products, and even features that your website displays to the world. Some businesses rarely update their content because their businesses are relatively static. Other businesses are always publishing new content around their blogs, staff profiles, products, services, case studies, etc. At Executionists we manage this type of website maintenance as well but it is not the focus of this page. If you would like to find out about our content management services and our content retainers, please fill out our online Inquiry form.
Who is managing your website, and are they doing a good job?
Most of the businesses we’ve seen use one of the following methods to manage their website maintenance:
- They use a hosting service to upgrade their website software. The issue here is that the hosting service is probably using a “bot” that performs a limited, automated upgrade and doesn’t review or test the website to see if anything broke.
- They are using a company employee, possibly someone in IT to maintain the website. The issue here is that these employees are usually spread thin and don’t have the time or expertise to manage website upgrades along with their other duties.
- An outside service. The trouble with this approach is when the outside service is unresponsive and you have no idea what they are doing or if everything is running well. As a business owner, it’s best not to just “assume” that no news is good news, especially when it comes to the health of your website.
- No one is managing the website. We see this scenario often when we are brought in due to a website issue. A quick inspection can show that the website software is not up-to-date, and a security breech or other issue has caused a problem.
If you are a business owner, your website maintenance falls into one of the categories above. At Executionists, we are an outside service but we have developed what we think is the optimal website maintenance package for small to mid-size businesses. Here is an overview of the basic benefits:
- A Project Manager (human) who will personally click through your website and keep you up-to-date on website status.
- Regular backups of your website and database should you ever need to restore.
- Enhanced website security to minimize hackers.
- Monthly upgrades and updates of your software and plugins.
- Monthly status reports including a list of all your software versions including plugins framework and outside services.
- Google Analytics install (If you need marketing reports, see our Marketing Packs)
- Free hosting* – if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Web Maintenance
Q: “What are the dangers of not maintaining my website?”
A. Maybe nothing (if you’re lucky) but most website owners will notice some issues over time. These issues may be as simple as the website running slower than usual, or a video or slideshow that doesn’t work quite right. Others will notice worse problems, website outages, strange code appearing on pages, broken links, and a host of other issues. With a maintenance plan, you will be able to catch issues before they damage your business.
Q. “What is the cost of website maintenance?”
A. Our Secure Pack is $475 a month. On a monthly basis that’s $5,700 a year but we also offer an annual discount which is a $700 savings ($5,000 annual plan).
Q. “Are there discounts if we have more than one website?”
A. Yes, we offer multi-website discounts with savings up to 35%.
Q. “What about reporting?”
A. With our Secure Pack we offer monthly reporting and check-ins. Below is an image of one of our monthly reports.
Q. “Do you offer a guarantee?”
A. Yes, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the service you receive in the first 30 days of purchasing this service, we will restore your website to it’s original condition and offer a complete refund with no questions asked.
The Executionists Are Different
Yes, there are other agencies you could choose for your online maintenance. But at the Executionists, you get a partner in your growth. We aren’t just a bunch of developers or designers. We’re in-the-trench-doers who despise untested theory and believe the best way to continual website health is consistent, managed, professional service.
Peace of mind at an affordable cost
Our monthly Secure Service Pack cost is $475/month – this includes a basic hosting package with our world-class, hosting partner Pantheon. There is a minimum yearly commitment. Learn why Pantheon is the best choice for your hosting in our Pantheon video.
Before we execute the Service Pack we complete an assessment of your current WordPress or Drupal website to make sure there are no issues. Once approved, we will assign an experienced project manager who will work with our technical team to make sure your website framework and plug-ins are documented and updated. They will also install backup and security software along with Google Analytics for website visitor reports. Your website will then be migrated to Pantheon hosting and security and backup services will be applied.
Monthly service process
During the month your Project Manager will personally click through your website pages to make sure all the links and functions work properly. If you notice any issues with your website, the Project Manager is available to check and respond with an assessment. At the end of every month you will receive a website report with a complete list of your website software and update status.
Easy sign up
Contact us via phone 310-754-3807 or click the button below.