A Major Cause of Website Failures… Scope Creep
Scope Creep – What it is and how to beat it.
After developing hundreds and hundreds of websites over the past 18 years, we have identified the primary causes of website development failure. We have seen all sizes and types of web projects fail due to unchecked “Scope Creep”. In fact, I recently served as an expert witness to help define website best-practices on a project that experienced severe scope creep. This web project’s budget rose from $200K to $300K and in the end, the client got nothing but a bunch of unusable code. But it doesn’t matter if you are budgeting for a $5,000 website or a $200,000 website, this whitepaper is aimed to help you avoid scope creep, manage your project better, and be successful.
This whitepaper was written for:
- Business owners who want to learn how to be more successful with their web project and avoid cost overruns.
- Web agencies who want to learn how to identify, manage, and mitigate scope creep when it occurs.
The white paper includes:
- A list of important documents that help define your project.
- 3 real-life examples of scope creep.
- Red flags for agencies and clients.
- The beauty of Change Orders.
- Cool illustrations from Ojogabonitoo.
Remember the adage,
“Those who fail to plan, plan to fail”.
Don’t plan to fail! Download this free white paper and position your project for success.