2016 and Beyond – Online Marketing Trends

SEO, online marketing, and lead generation are broad terms that get thrown around a lot and most webmasters usually manage to tackle at least some of this. This raises the question, “I’m already doing online marketing, what can you tell me that I don’t already know?” The answer is simple, you’re probably doing it wrong. If you’re like most people, you perform online marketing efforts in the way you were taught by your predecessor, and she or he was taught by someone else. This is a problem because marketing and SEO are not static. Rather, these are tactics that change at a breakneck speed. Let’s take a closer look at these four areas:

  • SEO: This is where some of the biggest changes are coming. It has been established that a majority of search comes from mobile devices (over 60% and growing). When you look closer at mobile search, only 48% originates from search engines. The remaining 52% comes from Branded Websites (33%) and apps (26%). 
    • If your site isn’t mobile responsive, then that should be your highest priority SEO fix.
    • The SEO process for apps is different and requires app indexing to be visible.
  • Social Media: The only things we can count on for sure is that the Kardashians will be trending and Trump will be litigating someone. When “The Donald” calls you out, it will be important to have a capable marketing/PR person on hand to manage your social media pages. Advertising has arrived in force on Facebook and Twitter. For the future, consider expanding your ad presence to social media.
    • Depending on your industry, clientele, and marketing strategy, Facebook may not be the one-stop-shop you’re looking for (even though that’s what they’re trying to be). Having a social media strategy that reaches across multiple platforms is the best way to expand your reach and engagement.
    • Video is the new dominant force. YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world (and it’s owned by Google) and your marketing strategy should treat it as such. We saw a strong push in 2015 for companies to show their human side through video.
  • Online marketing: Campaign strategies will need to adjust for 2016 and beyond due to the rise of new platforms such as smart TVs, game consoles, and eventually virtual reality will develop into a popular tool for internet browsing. Microsoft was early to jump on the idea of living room engagement with the Xbox One, as it launched bundled with an internet browser out-of-the-box. The trend is only going to increase with the rise of Chromecast, Firetv, and other streaming devices.
  • Lead generation and conversion: The yardstick for success has added a new measurement: “micro-moments”. This refers to the exact moment and spot where a conversion occurs, and it’s rapidly becoming an important statistic for understanding user purchases. By leveraging this information, marketers can create location based promotions that visitors can access by being at a store or event. A business’s ability to convert sales will depend on their ability to deliver exactly what customers want, the moment they want it.

If you are interested in incorporating any of the strategies mentioned or would like a free marketing consultation, then click on the button below to access our inquiry form.

admin
by admin
Posted: April 9, 2016